Archive of Blogs
Active things to do with your Baby in Vancouver
Updated on June 5, 2012
It can be hard to find things to do to stay fit with your little one it tow. I have put together the following list of activities that Mommies can do with their babies in the greater Vancouver area.
1. Fit 4 Two has classes for both pregnant and post natal ladies from stroller classes to yoga to aquafit to bootcamp and can be found at various locations in the lower mainland. Find them here: http://www.fit4two.ca/classes
2. Mommy Moves also does both pre and post natal and can be found in the surrey area. They also have both land and water classes. Leah Esplen, the head instructor, is an expert in the area of pre and post natal fitness... you will be in good hands. Find them here: http://mommymoves.com
3. Crossfit Westside is where to look if you are looking for an intense workout to get you back into shape fast - but certainly not without pain. They are located on the North side of Cambie bridge and have people to help entertain your baby while you give er. Find them here: http://crossfitwestside.com
4. Hiking is an easy and low impact way to get a workout in. Just make sure to bring friends and go on heavily populated routes like Lynn Loop, Burnaby Lake Loop or if you want to feel the burn, Grouse Grind. Just don't bite off more than you can chew, carry the 10 essentials (http://www.northshorerescue.com/education/what-to-bring), and always tell someone where you are going and when you will be back.
5. Rackets and Runners Moms on the Run or Walk. You can bring your baby and get a good workout and some fresh air with a bunch of other moms. Walkers and runners welcome. Find them here: http://www.racketsandrunners.ca/
6. Your Community Centre. Check out their classes. I have seen everything from strollercize to mom and tot yoga to baby aquafit.
7. Semperviva Yoga has a mom and baby yoga class for pre mobile babies. The instructor is fabulous and you can sing songs and interact with your little one while dancing and moving through asanas. Find them here: http://www.semperviva.com/schedule/
8. Salsa Babies has locations throughout the lower mainland and it can be a fun and light workout. What baby doesn't like salsa music? Find them here: http://salsababies.com/